Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Trying to Make up for the past Nine Months

Last week was a doozy. I'm not even sure why, but Bria and I were both feelin' it. Perhaps it's the changing seasons and the new school routine, but we were both on edge for a while there. This week is better-- especially today. It could be because I am wearing a new shirt and nail polish. I always underestimate what a mood boost it is to feel put-together.

I was talking to Whitney today and mentioned a couple super fun things coming up. This year has been awful. Like, possibly the worst of my adult life. Extreme? Maybe. Accurate? Totally. But I have a ton of fun things to look forward to in the next couple weeks. Is the year trying to make it up to me? Here is its effort so far:
1. Cirque du Soleil on Saturday!
2. A conference featuring one of my favorite people ever. I'm totally starstruck
3. A staycation with Sam next weekend-- Bria will spend four days with her cousins!
4. An extended weekend trip to Madison to visit my besties, Elisa and Matt.
5. I'm running a half marathon? This will only be amazing if I actually accomplish it. (I think I can. I think I can.)
6. Thanksgiving is going to rock: Elisa, and my SIL Rachel and her partner Theresa are coming! We're renting a beach house in Ocean City too. It's going to rock.
7. Then it will be the holidays, and who can even be grumpy during the holidays??

No comments:

Post a Comment